Tuesday, August 29, 2006

"When will you rely on me?"
A question that Jesus point blank asked Gordon Robertson at the moment right before he performed his first healing. Gordon had never healed anyone & thought that that wasn't for him but on this day the Lord told him He wanted to heal the sick. Being obedient he announced this later that day at an event he was at in India. A person came forward with a 12 year old boy who'd been born with polio & had never walked. Gordon did what he thought would work. He annointed the boy with oil, got the elders & they all laid hands on him. This will work, he thought. After all, it's right out of the Bible. When it didn't however Gordon thought & said to the Lord: "Lord I'm doing all that I know." "That should have been a clue" said Gordon later on! That's when he heard the voice. Jesus asked him that pointed, yet simple question: "When will you rely on me?". So Gordon did just that. He did the next thing that came to him. He walked quite a distance away, turned around, pointed right at the boy & shouted "Walk!". Needless to say that boy struggled to his feet & by the time he reached Gordon he was walking normally!
As I reflect on that I am awed. How could one not be? It's black & white. We make it grey. We make it conditional. We put up barriers to it. Or should I say we allow someone else to put up the barriers for us. There are slings & arrows thrown at us, I'm convinced, constantly throughout our days. Almost every second the enemy is throwing something or someone at us trying so hard to drag us down, to cause strife, anger, impatience in us. He's working overtime constantly trying to rattle the armor of our faith. Even a slight nudge at times is all he needs. But enough of these little nudges, along with a few blows & we're floundering in faithlessness. What's more we're wondering how we could feel this way when we know that Jesus is our Lord & Savior. I know I am sometimes. But that's why we need to search out these stories. An awesome story like this not only restores my faith but makes me feel electric with God's power! I know that Gordon is not some lucky guru but that everyone can do what he did b/c of God's awesome power!!! Amen!
Jesus said that if we have faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains! I've always loved that phrase but sometimes felt like maybe I don't even have that much faith b/c I haven't done certain things in my life. I'm looking for evidence of things done; feats &/or goals accomplished. But I realize now that I had it backwards. The point is you don't need "alot" of faith. A mustard seed is about the size of the head of a pin. It's small, real small. That's Jesus's point. We don't need alot of faith. We just need a little. Yet with that little bit we can do anything, even move mountains!!! I put the conditions on it, you see. I thought I had some faith but not maybe enough. But I was actually believing the father of lies. My eyes were opened just about 30 minutes ago to the truth & I wanted to share this with you asap!!!
That's the funny thing about God's truth. As long as we keep seeking Him, we learn new & wonderful things about it all the time. Who knew when I woke up this morning that I was going to get this gift? This wisdom will serve me & make me better so that I can give God all the glory. I had it backward, I wanted to see things & then get the faith from the evidence but we all know that "happy are those who do not see but believe!" Jesus said to believe that you've already received it & it shall be yours. I believe. I believe that I'll grow & do more & be more for God with this knowledge & I thank Him & praise Him and thank Him for this beautiful gift He's given me today & I'm even more thankful that I have a venue to share it with you. Our God is an Awesom God isn't He! Now share this with others! Don't get sidetracked, side-swiped, or side-anything by the enemy! He'll beat you up all day if you let him, even us who have Jesus already as our personal Lord & Savior. Stand up, throw your shoulders back (I'm not kidding, when you walk away from your computer I, correction God, wants you to do just that!) So in review, stand up, stand tall, throw your shoulders back, hold you head high & walk tall with the Lord by you side. He is by your side in every sence of the word. And remember his pointed question to Gordon/You: "When will you rely on me?"
God Bless You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home